Ceramics with Julie Harris - Classes and Molds Discussions

I am bringing my personal molds to the classes I’m teaching if you have any requests for class themes. My planter class is full but I was thinking about a class using fantasy molds and cutters next. :grin:

5 Likes

I had fun in the class last night! Can you give us possible themes of the molds you have? I would love to have theme based classes!

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it! The themes would roughly be tiki, bottles (with a focus on potion bottles), planters, animals, doll parts/clowns, fantasy (dragons/fairies/mermaids/wizards/unicorns), Halloween/fall, Christmas, Southwest and household stuff like cannisters and mugs. I don’t have any matching dish sets. Most of my plate molds were intended to be used to make doll or clown head planters so they are pretty random.

2 Likes

I’m totally in for fantasy and for things like mugs/vase/bowl/plate type things! I definitely thought about signing up for the planter one but wasn’t sure if I could sneak out that afternoon from work. How big are the planters ya’ll are using on Thursday?

(I /finally/ glazed that dragon teapot I’ve had for like a year and a half :laughing:)

1 Like

I can’t wait to see the dragon teapot! The planters are small - the molds that I bring are small and easy to pour so that hopefully everyone ends up with something and so we don’t use a lot of DMS slip. I should probably have separate pouring events instead of classes so people who already know how to pour can bring their own slip and use my molds without requiring all of the effort of a class. I usually work on Sundays and could probably just work at DMS while we have a pouring event? Too bad there is a plague, it would be fun to bring food. :frowning:

Let me know if there is any interest and I’ll get something scheduled.

Here is a picture of the planters and plant markers from class today.

6 Likes

Love the owl :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Depending on the day I’d totally do that. I have a few molds that I got from the storage back in the day I could bring if someone wanted to pour any of them. (that owl is cute :slight_smile:)

I think I might be reglazing the dragon pot, I was hoping for a brighter green with some copper/cosmic accent drips but based on the photo from the kiln page it kinda looks muddy green/brown. I think I probably needed another layer of a green. But I’ll see tomorrow when I’m up there.

I set up an event for this Sunday at 11am. This one is short notice but I might do another event a week later if there is enough interest and I have time. I can bring cone 6/raku slip for people to use at $10/person or bring your own slip for free. If there are any mold requests let me know, I’m going to storage to get molds for the event tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

The first pouring event was successful despite the short notice. :slight_smile: The second event is scheduled for 11/15 at 11am and should appear on the calendar in 48 hours. I guess we are way off topic now @Team_Moderators, sorry about that.

3 Likes

I love the R2D2!!! :heart_eyes: Any other Star Wars ones?

I’m definitely grabbing some slip this week! :grin: Wouldn’t mind if you brought R2 again. :wink:

1 Like

I’m planning to bring R2 again. I think I have a really big R2 but I need to repair that mold before it is used.

2 Likes

A bigger one??? :astonished: Oooohhhhh…I would love that! Is it hard to repair molds? :thinking:

It’s usually pretty easy to repair molds though I can’t remember what was wrong with this one. I’ll take a look at it when I have time, it’s been months since I even looked at it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Julie I set my molds on the Cart. I did not put my name on them :astonished:. I’ll be up there to teach tonight and mark them.

1 Like

Thanks Julie! I’d definitely pour the r2 again, he’s so cute :slight_smile: my greenware made it home safe so it’s just waiting for clean up now

It occured to me after than in cleaning up I forgot to get the dragons eyes out, resin/stone it is then :smiley:

3 Likes

I appreciate everyone who came to the event today. Here are some pictures. :slight_smile:

5 Likes