Ceramics Kiln News March 2024

These sculptures were on the greenware shelf and labled as having stroke and coat glaze… my understanding is that they can go in the low fire kiln but since stroke and coat is a glaze you cannot put it on the bottom of a piece…these dudes have something on the bottom of every piece and it was unclear to me if it was just underglaze on the bottom or if its stroke and coat…if stroke and coat please clean up the bottoms and supply cookies for this…if it’s just underglaze please specify…the duckies have their own cookie but just in case it was stroke and coat on the bottom I put them on the needs attention shelf with the others so they won’t stick :wink:

3 Likes

Bisque shelves is FULL, time to come and pick up

1 Like

1 Like

Alas… None of the smaller ones had any problems, but the biggest one did this:

1 Like

These three vessels have been moved to the Needs Attention shelf because they are not dry enough. The beads and rectangles are all very cold and filling the bowls very tightly, meaning it will take a significant amount of time for the center and bottom pieces to fully dry in this current configuration.

2 Likes

Bisque unload from today, the bottom of this boot on the top came out cracked : (

1 Like

1 Like

Bisque is completely full so please everybody come pick up your pieces when you get a chance

2 Likes

Unloaded glaze!!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded come get your pieces!

1 Like

Glaze unloaded

There was a half shelf I didn’t get a picture of but all of the items from that shelf are in the last picture

Unloaded the glaze

Unloaded bisque. I forgot to take a picture of the very bottom shelf, which had a very large rectangle cookie, test tiles and a few small palm-sized dish pieces. Sorry about that!

1 Like

These three mugs have been moved to the Needs Attention shelf for not being fully dry. All three were still very damp and cool on the lower half.

Reminder for everyone: please make sure that all greenware pieces are completely dry before placing them on the shelf for firing!

2 Likes

2 Likes

30 days notice of pieces. You take the time to make them…please take the time to collect them. If you dont pick them up we have to throw them away. Please do not store the bisque items on the in progress shelf. They are safe to travel in the car with you.
All pieces in these pictures have to be picked up by 4/29/24.

1 Like

Bisque unloaded…looks like a game of pac-man

3 Likes

Another bisque is out

1 Like

1 Like

Unloaded glaze from 1227
IMG_8541
IMG_8540
IMG_8537
IMG_8538
IMG_8539