Ceramics Kiln News June 2024

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready for pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP, we are a very busy community and need the room to unload kilns when ready.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque/glaze items should not be on the In Progress shelves.

Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fit the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf. Your piece will have a note attached as to why the kiln team did/can not fire, it is important that you fix the issue in order for your piece to be fired. Continuing to place your item on the shelf for firing without fixing the issue will not result in an ultimate firing of your piece. Also check one of the 4 bisque shelves or top glaze shelf with the ladder if you cannot find your piece.

If you need assistance or other options to achieve your desired results, please consult the wiki guidelines for firing or reach out to the community for further information.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Luster and decal beauties

Shelf cleaning verified by @Marmarcloud
Cleaned out the bisque and glaze with the stars from April 31st.

1 Like

Needs attention…these items were placed on the wrong shelf.

April and I unloaded bisque from new kiln 1227.
IMG_8851
IMG_8852
IMG_8853
IMG_8855
IMG_8854

1 Like

Needs attention
Just please let us know if you want us to fire. It is broken

Yes, I understand that it’s risky to handle, I bumped into it myself. But as long as y’all are as gentle as possible I can manage however many breaks, no worries. Thanks and to be honest I’m excited to see how it turns out!

3 Likes

It is already broken [after the first rib]. I think she’s asking, “Fire as is or fix before fire”?

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know. We will be as gentle as we can.

1 Like

Unloaded bisque!

4 Likes

Hi has anyone seen this mug? It has clear glaze on it in the photo but it’s checkered like the coaster. Im not seeing it on the glaze shelves. I might be in the kiln atm I dropped it a while back figured it may already be fired since all my pieces I dropped have Been fired already :relaxed:

Have you looked over on the Needs Attention shelf?

Unloaded bisque

3 Likes

I have, I didn’t see it there :confused:

Unloaded glaze and bisque!

1 Like

I think I see it in the first picture of the glazed items (after the bisque). White interior, right?

2 Likes

Yes I see it too it’s the one with the white interior here! But it wasn’t in the glazed shelf when I went to go pick it up :confused: it’s possible I missed it I can check again this weekend.

That was fresh out of the kiln when I posted. So it was probably inside a kiln the last time you were looking for it.