Ceramics Kiln News - January 2021

Oops, I think that’s the wrong screen grab, that’s our regular glaze program.

1 Like

Your right, sorry about that - this should be the correct one

2 Likes

Yup this one makes more sense.

Bisque unloaded

2 Likes

Hi all- thoughts on doing a luster/decal firing? I think I can talk @Christykaake into doing a luster/decal class soon. Any other takers for luster/decal classes? I was thinking a luster firing on Feb. 26. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, I can put some up for the week prior, probably Sunday and Wednesday before…

3 Likes

A luster would be great because I have few projects in mind that will need luster and that would give me plenty of time to get them ready.

1 Like

Oooo yes please!! I’d definitely need a class pre-firing, but would love to play!

1 Like

Be on the look out next week for those classes to get posted. :slight_smile:

Unloaded bisque babies- come get your pieces! The shelves are full!

Be aware that you need a piece of ware that’s already glazed…

For the luster, too?

The luster goes on top of a glaze, because it’s super-low-fire. I mean, I guess you could luster a bisqued piece, but it wouldn’t be vitrified.

Yes luster and decals are added decorations to an already glazed piece. The lusters are not shiny when applied to an unglazed section in my experience.

Fair enough! I guess I coulda googled that, haha. Sorry sorry. Still new at this ceramics thing, but eager to learn all the things!

2 Likes

Nope- ask questions! Rather make sure you have the right info than not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will also have things (mugs and tiles for magnets or something) you can practice on, if you don’t have an already glazed piece for it… just to learn the process and make something pretty, since we don’t do it all the time…

3 Likes

You rock, thank you so much! I applied for a slot. I have an idea for something I’d like to try, so lessee if I can get my hands on some clay (gonna try my luck with the Trinity sale) and get a piece finished by then! I super appreciate you providing pieces to practice on if that fails though, that’s very kind of you!!

1 Like

Slow cool unloaded. Looks like a solid Cone 6.

4 Likes

So I need to know whose piece this is because it is absolutely gorgeous. :heart_eyes: I was so impressed with it after Beth opened the kiln, that I had to take a picture. What glazes did you use? You did an amazing job! :astonished: