Ceramics Kiln News - January 2021

Apparently a bisque was unloaded 1/2/21. Here is what’s currently on the bisque shelves:

Let me know if you’re looking for something specific.

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque today - shelves are overflowing. Glaze should be ready for unload in an hourish.

!

1 Like

Glaze unload.

Bisque unload, overflowing to the shelf above if you can’t find your pieces.

1 Like

Glaze unload, lots of goodies!

3 Likes

Bisque unloaded please come get your lovelies
image image image image image image

1 Like

Reminder- We are loading the slow cool glaze this friday? Who would like to help? :0

1 Like

I’m planning on being there.

1 Like

What time? 6:30, 7:30?

85 posts were split to a new topic: Kiln Removal Temperature Discussion (thread split)

Please post the results and pictures of the slow cool test load that the kiln team participated in.

Also what is the schedule for the committee slow cool firing?

Slow cool test,
Steve modified the schedule for the group firing.

these were my two pieces. I’ll be up sometime later today and will get a picture of the schedule. The test results showed a strong cone 7, adjustments were made to peak temp, and ramp rate at the start was made less aggressive.

6 Likes

Thank you Steve

image image image image image image

Glaze unloaded.

2 Likes

Here is the slow cool schedule, basically slows the cool down between 2050 degrees and 1550 to allow the extra time for the glaze to develop.

4 Likes

Should note that some glazes won’t be affected at all, winterwood is one, Amaco celadon’s also very little affected. Amaco Potters Choice line (Ancient copper, ancient Jasper, etc) are good choices. Mayco Red Gold is another good choice and Anette had good results from coyote glazes formulated for slow cool.

3 Likes

Thanks Steve!

1 Like

If I want to have a piece slow cooled, do I just need to glaze it and put it on a certain shelf before Friday?

Correct, the 'specialty firing shelf" top right.

1 Like