Ceramics has a TV!

We voted in the September meeting to get a TV for the ceramics space and it is up!

@Sperry8520 went and got the TV this weekend and @Liamluu & @Vincent helped install the TV today.

The TV is for instructional use and will have our informational feed running via Google photos when not being used for class or learning (we will get that content moved onto there as soon as possible. If you’d like to make content for it please let us know and we can help you access the Google drive to add to the feed).

We have had Pottery Throw down watch parties in the past (in the main lobby room) and can now move those events to our ceramic area!

Be courteous and mindful of those around you when considering volume and content. This is a tool for the community and all DMS rules apply same as any other tool.

We are excited to see this expand the possibilities and connections within the space!

9 Likes

3 Likes

Do you need a google TV dongle and remote or are you OK with the built in?

1 Like

Great!!!

Scott Perry

214-325-8252

1 Like

If that’s the TV that I think it is, it’s the same one as we got for creative arts. It has Google TV OS fully built-in already.

1 Like

I think we will be ok with how it is, it came with a remote that we Saran wrapped :laughing: , and @Sperry8520 did his research and made sure it was similar to the ones in the rest of the building. So far it’s doing all the things, we are just working on our perma -scroll content to have our informative things first. Thanks for reaching out! We’ll let you know if we hit any roadblocks with it.

2 Likes

Hi Jay,
Turns out we will need a dongle for it. For the first day we had it connected to our Wifi and it was working fine but hasn’t been working since then. We tried it with Liam’s personal Google chrome caster dongle today and got everything working, but will need to either figure out why the internet isn’t working for it or get it’s own dongle. Liam has done a lot of troubleshooting to figure out the wifi and none of it has worked, I’m not a tech girl so wouldn’t be able to elaborate much more on it, @Liamluu could you post your update on it here?

Please do post any info you have. If you need/want a regular Google TV dongle we have some available however there is an AP on the ladder near the Shapeoko 3 which should provide decent service for ceramics and it’s odd the TV is having issues. I can look at it and the wifi stats when I’m up there next.

2 Likes

Its a Hisense, with google tv. Currently the TV will not connect to the wifi. It work perfectly when we first install the tv. Ive try a factory reset but it still cant connect to wifi. We would appreciate it if you can take a look at it. Thank you Jay!

2 Likes

It’s the exact same one that’s been in creative arts and not had an issue afaik.

It comes with a full version of the Google TV OS built-in (better than the dongles) and should just work… I’m kind of wondering if something weird is going on with the APs or the network though, because past couple days the network seems to have been really wonky (slow to connect, random latencies, etc). It would be interesting to see if the TV will connect happily to a hotspot or something.

3 Likes

Yeah I noticed it has been wonky out back in about the past week & a half or so.

2 Likes

I updated firmware on the AP’s not that long ago, perhaps it’s a bit buggy. There was a Network app update pending this morning and I went ahead and applied that.

Looking at the logs nothing major is jumping out. I’ve made a few tweaks to the config this morning though so please power cycle that TV or otherwise force it to retry it’s WiFi connection and lets see if that helps.

Beyond that I need the MAC address of the TV to troubleshoot further. I may be by this evening but otherwise might not be in until Saturday AM.

1 Like

What you did worked for a hot second. However it shows “limited connection” this time

1 Like

Looks like the TV is able to fully connect to the wifi now. I had to change the TV date and time to match. Everything looks good now. Thank you

1 Like

OK, let’s monitor. Here’s what it looks like from the Unifi side:

1 Like