Ceramics Department March committee meeting

We are having ceramics department committee meeting this evening at 6:30 PM. Will be meeting in the North lobby Classroom this evening’s meeting. (If it is open)

This is the agenda for this evening’s meeting. If you cannot make it you’re welcome to call in to the conference call line.

1. Call Conference Line 972-430-3155 20#

2. Intro

3. Sign In/Roll Call

4. Team Leads Reports
    • Kiln Team Lead- Jamie
    • Plaster Cast/Slip Cast Lead- Beth
    • Glaze Lead- Beth (inventory) & Monica (purchasing)
    • Shelf Cleaning Lead- Sonya
    • Social Media Lead- Jamie
    • Party Planning Lead- Anna

5. Old Business
    • February - Pit firing @ Scott Perry House
    • February - Piping Party @ DMS
    • March - RAKU firing @ Conners Date:
    • The Footer - Waiting on a volunteer to finish.
    • 40 Glaze List
    • Purchases for the last 30 days. Table Tops, Glaze, Stool
    • Photos on TV for Leadership Team Members (Teachers, Committee, Firing, etc)

6. New Business
    • March – TBD @ DMS
    • May – TBD @ DMS (fossil search hike, swing dancing (Wednesday nights), happy hour, other activities)
    • May – TBD @ Off Site
    • June – TBD @ DMS
    • June – TBD @ Off Site
    • Monthly Volunteer Recognition
    • Supplies Needed to be ordered? Brushes, Other

7. Any proposed topics to discuss that were not on the agenda.

I’m working, so I won’t be able to attend.

I’ve ordered gallons of Zinc-free Clear (brushing) and Snow. The clear dipping glaze looked a little low – do y’all think it’s time to order another batch?

I’ve ordered some replacements for glazes that were low and popular. I’m still (slowly) working on the 40 Basics list.

Nothing to report on the Slip-casting side. I’ll check with @Liamluu some time to see if I need to get any supplies for plaster casting. I suspect that he has that under control.

1 Like

There is no call in number available for this meeting.

Thanks

1 Like

What about underglazes? Are we phasing those out?

I just purchased a few basic colors that were available in underglaze.

1 Like

We’re definitely going to have the big jars of black and white, and a few basics. Most of the colors that are more than a simple rainbow have been donated anyway. I’m figuring that the big jar of red was a donation, rather than a purchase, for instance.

1 Like

I’ve donated some glazes and was wondering if I need to do more. :grin:
Also, couldn’t find any metal ribs anywhere. Don’t know if there’s a secret stash? I’m bringing some new ones in today to donate - not sure how long they will last. :rofl:

We’re actually trying to cut back a bit on glazes. I haven’t yet come up with the 40 PC glazes that we will keep supplying (and 10 Celadons plus the 2 big underglazes and a couple of Satin Mattes).

The underglaze rack is a bit full, and really – most folks that are doing that should probably be buying their own colors. There are too many nuances for us to stock them all, and most of the little jars are only $5-10.

Although, the bottom racks where we’re storing the donated Coyote, Mayco, Spectrum, etc. still have some room.

2 Likes