Ceramic Kiln News May 2024

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready for pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP, we are a very busy community and need the room to unload kilns when ready.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque/glaze items should not be on the In Progress shelves.

Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fit the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf. Your piece will have a note attached as to why the kiln team did/can not fire, it is important that you fix the issue in order for your piece to be fired. Continuing to place your item on the shelf for firing without fixing the issue will not result in an ultimate firing of your piece. Also check one of the 4 bisque shelves or top glaze shelf with the ladder if you cannot find your piece.

If you need assistance or other options to achieve your desired results, please consult the wiki guidelines for firing or reach out to the community for further information.

Thank you!

2 Likes

New piece on the needs attention shelf. Pieces should not be on ware boards when put on the firing shelf. If you are unaware of this, you need to take your ceramic 101 course where you learn the rules of the space.

Unloaded bisque. Shelves are full!!! Please come get your goodies!

Unloaded glaze!

1 Like

Current needs attention shelf
Small reminder of rules: we have a 1/4 inch glaze rule. When glazing, you must stop at least 1/4th of an inch from the bottom of the piece or we won’t load it unless you provide your own cookie. Pieces must be fully dry before they are put on the shelf to be fired. We do not leave pieces on ware boards when putting them on the firing shelf. Lastly, kiln team is instructed to load pieces as they are arranged on the shelf. If you have a lid to a piece, please don’t put it on the other side with glaze because they will glue together.

1 Like

Unloaded paragon kiln

Dragon came out of the kiln in 2 pieces

1 Like

Unloaded bisque

1 Like

Question. I had put a red clay cookie with my mark to be bisqued and while I got my main piece I fired with it, the cookie I can’t find. Checked the needs attention shelf and all the bisque fired shelves. Who can I talk to about finding it?

Yesterday I went through all the cookies I could find and made a pile of ones that are not DMS’s. The pile is on the black cart next to where you pick up fired items. I would check there first.

4 Likes

No luck there unfortunately. I’ll just have to make another. Thank you though!

Glaze unload

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque…. Come get your lovelies

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

These have been placed on the needs attention shelf because they were glazed too close to the bottom and didnt have a cookie. If you glaze closer than 1/4 inch away from the bottom please make your own cookie to supply for your work

1 Like

Unloaded bisque today. Come get them and glaze your pretties! We also have a ton of bisque on the shelf that has been there for a long while, please come get them before they are tossed!