Ceramic kiln news- May 2023

I’ll be in sometime 2ish, need to finish some yard work first. If there is enough bisque I’ll load 1027 then if anyone is needing training bisque loading.

2 Likes

I know you do this so people can see the status of their parts, but as a non-ceramicist (?) I love seeing the pictures of everyone’s work. Thanks!

9 Likes

If you need an extra pair of hands or anything else please let me know. Alex and I are both willing to help.

4 Likes

Unloaded bisque…. Please come get your items

4 Likes

GOOD NEWS!!! @Monikat and the kiln team have been putting in lots of work for repairing the kilns and adjusting the programs and now we have one glaze kiln working and it’s first load went in tonight!

Also fresh bisque came out tonight :slightly_smiling_face:
There’s a good amount of older items, please remember we have to clear out all unclaimed items after 30 days. Come get your goodies!

8 Likes

Thanks to @Steve1 for all his help as well!

7 Likes

unloaded lustre/decal kiln … come gityur goodiez

3 Likes

Unloaded glaze

IMG_7117
IMG_7116

4 Likes

bisque unloaded and shelves are very fuulll!

1 Like

These items need some attention. Please come take care of them

1 Like

Unloaded glaze

1 Like

3 Likes

Unloaded bisque!

This piece crumbled in the firing but did not affect the pieces around it. I assembled the pieces on a cookie

That was I little cow piece if I remember correctly

1 Like

One and all.

We are still having issues with our kilns that run glaze. It will be Thursday evening before we have one running and the other diagnosed for us.

The paragon has a broken element due to glaze popping onto the new element which caused it to snap. The large 1222 kiln needs an in depth diagnostic.

Thanks, kiln team

7 Likes

Unloaded bisque from 1027
IMG_7153
IMG_7154
IMG_7157
IMG_7158
IMG_7159

2 Likes

Two additional shelves

1 Like

I’m heading to the space to load bisque and I will be mixing up the clear dipping glaze for the space, if anyone wants to join in that would be great. If you’d like to learn how to mix a glaze or looking to join the kiln team!!!

6 Likes