Ceramic kiln news- May 2023

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready for pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque items should not be on the In Progress shelves. Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fit the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf. Your piece will have a note attached as to why the kiln team did/can not fire, it is important that you fix the issue in order for your piece to be fired. Continuing to place your item on the shelf for firing without fixing the issue will not result in an ultimate firing of your piece.

If you need assistance or other options to achieve your desired results, please consult the wiki guidelines for firing or reach out to the community for further information.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded!

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque from paragon
IMG_7002
IMG_7007
IMG_7004
IMG_7003
IMG_7006

2 Likes

1 Like

Bisque unloaded pls pick up your goodies!

1 Like

Glaze unloaded

2 Likes

Does anyone know the trick to open the back door? My fob shows green and I can hear the door click but I can’t get it to open.

Push the handle in then pull

1 Like

Fresh bisque!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded yesterday afternoon

Unloaded glaze from 1222

4 Likes

Unloaded bisque from paragon

IMG_7049

4 Likes

Heya, the 1222 had errored earlier, I shut down and refired the kiln and the second picture is what it is right now. Hopefully it makes it all the way but let’s keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Unloaded the bisque from 1027
IMG_7059
IMG_7060
IMG_7061
IMG_7063
IMG_7064

3 Likes

Ooopppps…. For kiln team

1222 over fired due to kiln issue. Many items ran. We will be troubleshooting kiln through the weekend

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque from 1027 kiln
IMG_7085
IMG_7084
IMG_7088
IMG_7089
IMG_7087

3 Likes

PLEASE READ

We have both of the kilns that can run glaze down and in need of diagnostics and repair. It has been a few days and could be mid week before we will have one running again.

Your patience is appreciated, thanks!

7 Likes