Catching Fire on the new laser

The other thought I had is a checklist to see every time you send something to the laser. I have no idea if this is possible, but it would certainly remind people to be cognizant. Of course, after a while it would be ignored like all other signage :frowning:

On which machine?

Maybe a blinking LED on the machine?

The valve is also a regulator which is necessary. The machines arenā€™t meant for 100 PSI. Maybe a box around it or some other case or something would work.

1 Like

Maybe a speaker that lets out a bloodcurdling scream at some egregiously loud decibel count after XX number of minutes. Flip the air assist back on and off again to reset the counter.

1 Like

The pressure regulator is upstream.

Iā€™m working on a timer controlled solenoid that will only allow air assist to be turned off for a limited amount of time before it resets. It will also always let some air bleed through to keep positive pressure.
I have the parts, just need to finish the enclosure.

4 Likes

THIS^^^^^^^^^^

So. I might regret informing the masses of this, but thereā€™s an easy way to turn off the air assist in software. We shouldnā€™t be using the physical knobs on the lasers. This would prevent the ā€œI forgotā€ situations.

2 Likes

Before you get too far, remember thereā€™s a solenoid already in the laser that could probably be used.

Though Iā€™m a big fan @PearceDunlapā€™s solution.

1 Like