Carrolton Machine Auction

Lotsa interesting stuff. Be interesting to see what it all goes for.

6 Likes

I will have my eye on a few things. It is a shame that Monarch is a turret version.

Unfortunately I’m about to leave town until Monday so won’t get a chance to preview/inspect

That microscope looks really cool. Do we have a microscope? Can we have a looking at stuff under a microscope class? That would really please my inner twelve year old.

I want one of those work benches for my garage but I think they’ll go for more than I want to pay with all those giant end mills and bits etc.

1 Like

FYI, I’ve watched a few auctions on bidspotter.com, and in every case the auctioneers chose to NOT disclose the closing bids after the auction ended. Not sure how rosensystems.com works, but be mindful that you may not be able to see what things go for after the fact.

Ironically one I’m looking at the surface plate that has the microscope on it. But not for the microscope

3 Likes

Unless something has changed very recently, If you watch an item you see what it closed for. You can also see everything else in the auction, but I think the main page auction link goes away.

1 Like

There are two vibratory deburring machines. I would like to see us get something like this.

2 Likes

what should our bid limit be?

I have two “inspection” microscopes. One is an AO 570 (0.7 to 4.2X) and the other is an SMT MAX ( 0.2 to 45X). The AO 570 was used to inspect mill and lathe inserts for wear/breakage when I had a shop. I stilI use both at least once a week. An acquaintance has an AO 570 mounted on a pantograph arm on his pristine HLVH and one on his ACRA Toolroom mill. He repairs and mods high end microscopes in his retirement. A scope opens a whole new dimension in machine work. Not sure that one would survive DMS though… A digital scope wouldn’t last an hour. :rofl:
Best,
Jim

Tim,
I would be interested in the scope.
Best,
Jim

I think we (Machine Shop) should try to get number 5. Noting that there is a 90 degree head for a Bridgeport & turning/facing head for a knee mill.

2 Likes