Cardboard Anyone?

Does DMS need a pallet of free cardboard? @Diplomat got tipped off to this listing…

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/zip/6216524272.html

Could be used for laser, auto, paint shield, protect tables from glue ups, and probably other stuff I’m not thinking of.

It’s out in Royse City though, so pretty far off from the space. Anyone think this would be useful for the space and able to pick up?

4 Likes

Wow…it really would be useful, for several things, as you say.

I sent him a message asking if he gets into the Dallas area, even if it is in far NE Dallas. If so, I can probably work something out.

And this is assuming we are willing to accept and store it here somewhere. Ad/offer says “must take all” (which to my mind usually translates as “I want to have this forever”).

2 Likes

Thanks, Marshall! Yes if we take it we’ll have to find a place to store it. Maybe could put some in the different committee areas, then find a place for whatever’s left over and let people use/take as needed.

There used to be a stack of scrap cardboard at the bottom of a project storage shelf kind of near the woodshop annex… does that still exist? Haven’t had to look over there in a while.

It was Chandra who brought it to my attention as a procurement officer.

I think Mrs Mouse lives out that way, she might help with getting it
What is not wanted by committees coudl go top of the exchange shelf
or maybe behind the bines, if it will fit

Printers perspective,

This isn’t a ton of card board, someone with a 4 door car could pick it up. A small truck could grab it no problem. Just take it off the pallet. If you pick this up, check for water damage, some of the top pieces have that warp to them that makes me wonder if this pallet got wet. Also, watch out for bugs, the lower right hand corner has some black gunk on it that might be dirt, or roach dropping. Roaches love to nest in card board. Not much grosser than un-stacking a pallet and 10 roaches run up your arms. Happened while clearing out an old print shop, still get hebejebes thinking about it.

3 Likes

Good advice/insight…thanks. No response from the guy, yet, despite follow-up ping a little while ago. Typical Craig’s List…

Real issue is the distance…

2 Likes