Cannot Direct Message - Ignore the Topic unless you are Randy. Thanks!

Hi Randy! @rlisbona

This is Sean - we met on Monday - it was a pleasure meeting you and I am super excited to be apart of the space (you took it from 80% to 100%)! I guess I do not have enough clout on my Talk profile yet, so I cannot send you a direct message. Have to air my dirty laundry!

I wanted to share my number with you so we can text - 6502415223.

I also wanted to let you know I cannot make Wed or Thurs. I finally have a few cute girls lined up who want to go on a date and I have to seize the opportunity (nowadays, women are VERY flakey and will cancel last minute or engage and then disappear).

That said, I also dropped out of the auto body metal class, so I will have a free schedule starting next week. I would love to work on some projects with you. Let me know if you plan to come in?

Have a good start to the day.

Sean Eckard
[email protected]

1 Like

Awesome, good luck with the dates. Bring them on a tour, if they are not interested its a dealbreaker!

1 Like

Green Dottage is explained in Member Access (Green Dot) - Dallas Makerspace Talk

I suspect your lack of DM ability is also related to not having done the forum training. One of the moderators can probably verify this and point you to it.

1 Like

Forum training is the pinned “Read This First…” post. You do have to interact with it, and do the things to get the privileges.

2 Likes

I knew it were there somewhere, but it’s been long enough since I’d done it that I couldn’t see it.

2 Likes

You need to have a certain amount of posts read, engagement, etc. in order to gain trust level 1. Given I did not have the total engagement, I could not message Randy. Perhaps constrained DM capabilities should be allowed at the level 0 trust level so as to engage the people you meet on the first day.

2 Likes

They are constrained - TL0 can reply to PM sent to them.
It only takes a few minutes to gain TL1 using Discobot.
As noted in Read First pinned post.
And the big upside is that once complete, most of the functionality of Discourse has been imparted.

Of course, one can bypass all that, and crash around until TL 1 is reached (like I did when we didn’t have discobot)

This badge indicates PM is fully within capabilities, now.

1 Like