Can video software help me read a license plate?

One thing is that if it’s a leased car, it will be registered to the leasing company. But should be able to at least find Kias that match that pattern (if any do).

That shouldn’t be an issue for the police. They just need a license plate to connect to that car. If that partial plate matches to a black Kia Forte, they can take it from there and find the owner of the car. If only 1 Kia Forte comes up with that partial plate, then we’re good to go. Plus, there’s a shot of the driver that they can use to confirm. I’m not worried about that part.

I gave a police officer a partial plate and a make/model and they found the car instantly.

This was to find a hit and run/assault with deadly weapon, though so they may have moved a bit faster for me.

But that shows that they can work with partial plates, I’d go ahead and at least update them with the partial

2 Likes

publicdata.com

I ran LSF543* and LSF643* and didn’t get any Kias at all.

Running LSF* gets lots of hits. Hundreds of them. And some Kias. I will try to make a list for you but unfortunately it is VERY tedious because I can’t narrow by any other field, nor can I display all of the results on one page. So it’s page… search… copy… paste… rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Thanks for being so helpful with this. I really do appreciate it!