Can anyone help me get Kali linux nethunter loaded properly on moto nexus 6?

I have gotten pretty far… I rooted the phone. I installed busy box. i installed twrp. i flashed. the image from the usb driver for the phone in question but it still has problems. Does anyone know how to get kali linux net hunter to load properly on a phone? Can i get any help?

I know it is blurr and too much like the loch ness monster… sorry… Still and advice?

grab me before the poker game tonight and I’ll be glad to help out.

I remember having all kinds of problems when I did this with my old nexus 6. I had problems with sound. I fixed it by using an older version of the kernel, but this caused problems with “y-cable charging” / any kind of usb rubber-ducky (like, you had to use the command line to activate it, you couldn’t use the gui, and I have fat finger syndrome so y’know that’s a pain)

Nethunter is certainly the most experimental rom i’ve tried and one of the least user friendly, so besides that, I don’t know what to tell you

True i am looking for a decent rom that provide security and VPN and a programming interface. Any suggestion?

provide security and VPN and a programming interface?

yeah, Cyanogenmod LineageOS. Then install Termux. One gets a full android AND linux system with that setup.

I installed

SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115
twrp-3.2.3-0-shamu

To get Debian on top of android.

I say we make Makerspace phone. Is it nsa and carrier approved… Yes if you don’t tell them.

1 Like

a dumb idea

character 1: What would the os of the makerspace phone be? Slacker where?

character 2: Don’t i mean slack wear…

character1: Yes and Know.

1 Like

might have to do busy box maybe…

it might be doable. I know that turning my laptop into an android device was rather easy and I still got some contacts in the mobile space from when I worked teleco and even piloted a few prototypes of pre-samsung era android phones that were way beyond their time

Of course there always:

I am in between jobs for solder tech. then i get to that job and i can not study calculus… cause it drives the coworkers nuts. so having a cell phone that doubles as computer terminal would be nice. i don’t have much money…

1 Like

Ok I’ll show you my setup tonight before the “Most Evil Scrum” event on the calendar.

for the curious, the setup is something akin to:

Termux

Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.

two questions

Why with the evil?

Second do you consider me a immoral person?

Yes to the configuration… some of them have mouse balls…

track balls?

Oh the Most Evil Scrum is a play on the game engine’s name, Malum and the podcast that’s its being built for Kakos Industries. Its meant to be a cheeky insider joke.

Yeah idk what to tell you about roms, but I will say that nethunter is not designed to be a daily driver. Its services, while disableable, will only increase the attack surface of your personal info. The phone itself can be used for pentesting and related tasks but the rom decreases your own data’s security afaik

1 Like

Kali seem popular… I will try I have Termux… running with g++ installed… and probably need a decent ide that would work with the compiler next is a vpn functionality and virtual terminal program so as to access my computer at home. Sorry i was trying to be playful before. Your advice is good.