Can anyone give me a hand? [FIXED]

Hi. My 2008 Subaru Forester threw up a p0028 CEL code. I did some research, and it seems like my best bet is to try replacing the oil pressure switch. I went to Autozone and purchased the PS123 oil pressure switch which they said should be compatible. On the drive back (~1 mile), I noticed burning oil smell. Upon inspection, it does look like the oil switch is leaking and that is likely the source of the oil smell. My problem is, I removed the battery but still cannot reach the part. It is accessible, but a very tight space so I can’t get a wrench or pliers into there, and it is obviously too tight to loosen by hand.

Does anyone have a socket wrench and a hand to lend me? I am at UTD, and I am nervous about driving it all the way out to the makerspace. My calipers measure the part as 26mm diameter (hex) and the socket would need to be at least 40mm tall to avoid issues with the plug itself. Please text me at 2089012374 if you can help, as I may not be able to check this as regularly. I can be available after 6pm tonight, or anytime before 1pm tomorrow, though that is somewhat flexible as I will skip class to get this done. Thanks in advance!

All fixed, good job fixing if yourself.

5 Likes

Thanks for the hand, Nick!

6 Likes