Calling Volunteers: Removal+Pickup of Donated Auto Exhaust (Thurs, Aug 5th 2021)

Calling for Volunteers!

We have a donation of an exhaust system for automotive, but we have to remove it from the old property before it’s demolished. It’s coming from an old fire station in Grapevine.

Total number of volunteers needed: 4
Estimated time required: 2-3 hours
Estimated time: Some weekday between 10am-2pm start depending on volunteer schedule

Mist be comfortable working in or around a scissor lift / have a hard hat. Of course the usual closed toe shoes / appropriate attire apply (looking at you prior volunteer who showed up in flip flops).

We’re looking for sometime in the next week. Has to be weekday business hours.

:warning: NOTE: This category is NOT for discussion threads. Any “discussion” will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate “discussion thread”.

1 Like

Also I will be providing food to volunteers. We will be renting a Scissor Lift and a Penske truck for the task.

Darn. I’d be in otherwise. I’ll see if I can find one.

might have a spare if you can tolerate the goofy, actually OSHA compliant Cowboy hard hats

I’ll see if I can find one, but that sounds like a fun option if I can’t :sweat_smile:

Got some … forest products … hardhats if necessary: International Paper, Georgia Pacific.

EDIT: Upon further inspection they’re well past expiry.

It’s hard for me to commit to volunteer hours during work hours but it’s not out of the question for me. Hard hats can be found pretty inexpensively online.

1 Like

I threw away all of my hard harts that had frayed hangers, etc… So I am down to 1 climber. Honestly I think the DMS should just buy a bulk pack for infrastructure, the shells are nonporous, and the webbing can be isopropyl cleaned.

Ideally one more person would be nice. I’ve got some committed that aren’t in the thread here.

@michaelb you in? Any day better than others? Anyone else that can help for sure? Bueller?

I’m in. No particular preference on day.

We have our time.

Thursday, August 5th at 11am. Lift and Penske truck will be procured (though if someone has a modestly sized flatbed we can skip the Penske).

Crew:
@hon1nbo
@michaelb
@Jcgalik
@mrjimmy
and one more person not on talk

Meet at 2801 Panhandle Dr, Grapevine, TX 76051
The old fire station.

1 Like