Calipers need replacing or batteries

I was wondering if we could get some new calipers or batteries for the dead ones in the laser area. Some might be beyond batteries lol. The mechanical one works great though.

There are CR2032 batteries, which I think are typically the size needed for calipers, in the supply closet for members in the community room.

Thank you I’ll replace all of them for the space.

You may not want to replace all of them at once. People have the tendency to leave them on and to get nudged and the batteries die really quick in them.

I have ordered a couple mechanical calipers for the laser area too. Would be nice if they made rechargeable ones or USB charge ones or something.

1 Like

If I’m able to locate batteries I will just power one up. That mechanical one disappeared, I’ll keep looking.****EDIT I found some cr2032, but they require LR44H.

I’ll order some of those as well.

Aren’t most of the calipers around DMS these?
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-digital-caliper-63711.html

They’re “mechanical” in addition to digital.
That’s what all these numbers are for

So while dials and digital readouts are nice to have, just using the existing tool is a fabulous primary skill to learn (let the digital/dial be the secondary). :+1:

1 Like

Ya I want dead nut measurements, in your photo my human eye can’t tell the difference between .739 and .742. While you might say negligible difference but that’s the accuracy I want to know. So yes mechanical is great and a valuable tool not my preference.

Was wondering what an the printed numbers meant… Lol

The ruler works but isn’t up to the accuracy needed at times. A mechanical dial based version however meets that need.

Personally, I have and use both types.

Ya… That’s the one I needed, the mechanical dial one. There was one in lasers area but I could only find the case last night.

we’re conflating “accuracy” and “resolution”, but I agree digital and/or dial readouts are lovely. Just saying we don’t HAVE to be dead in the water because of a battery.

Those are lousy clamps…

1 Like