Calendar Update - Aug. 2022

Hi All!

If I’ve done my job correctly, you will have noticed nothing different on our calendar. However, it’s been updated and we’ve fixed a couple nagging issues:

1 - FULL means FULL now. We located and fixed the query that was not calculating correctly
2 - Files should work correctly. The code there is a bit obfuscated, but they should be a lot more reliable than they were in the past.

It’s also on a new server and php version, making it a bit more secure. We’ve also done some work behind the scenes to make it easier to update.

Let me know if you encounter any issues, but please enjoy a slightly better experience.

23 Likes

Thanks for all of your hard work. I confess I’ve had a little difficulty from time to time scheduling classes.

1 Like

We’ll definitely be looking at some quality-of-life improvements in the future. Currently, we still have a couple of back-end things that need fixing, but it’s on the radar.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thanks for you for your efforts! It is much appreciated!

@Team_Infrastructure

Not sure it’s a calendar issue or active directory connection issue, but when I try to assign the active directory permissions through the calendar system I get the following error. I was able to manually add them…

People were also having issues activating badges in the commons area - so thinking it might be an active directory issue.

2 Likes

Thanks! Shouldn’t be anything different on the calendar but I’ll check into it. Could be an AD issue which we need to look into too

2 Likes

So apparently someone in the past decided that
if( development_environment) { skip_lots_of_code }
was a good idea… Meaning when we thought assignments were working, it really just skipped the code.

Worked through it last night and got a fix in. Thanks for letting us know!

8 Likes

Thanks for your service, and I know many others also are grateful.
Mike H