Caldwell 50rd speed loader

I wanted to give you guys a heads up that Cabelas has the Caldwell 50rd speed loader on sale for 39.99. I couldn’t pass it up, so I bought one for myself.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Caldwell-reg-AR-Mag-Charger/1744525.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dcaldwell

1 Like

Also, if anyone’s a boss on the HAAS, I am the owner of the world’s most absurdly expensive (but really functional) AR mag loader, and I’d be willing to loan it for schematic making for duplication.

When the zombie apocalypse happens and you have to absolutely positively reload your mags. 10x the cost of what Tim bought but has some cool features.

That auto-orientation is nice, especially when ammo isn’t in clean 50rd boxes.

It was the definition of an impulse buy, and I didn’t pay anywhere near the MSRP. That’s how I keep justifying it to myself.

They were some nice guys from NJ showing off a cool toy at SHOT a few years ago, and they cut my buddies and I one hell of a deal.

And it really does an amazing job of loading a lot of mags in not much time. It’s fantastic for prepping for MG shoots. The only titchy bit about it is making sure that you don’t let it run all the way out of rounds before topping off the hopper. My improvement would be to make the hopper taller and add some spars to the inside to force the rounds into the correct orientation for dropping inside the throat.

That’s how most of my firearms related purchases happen…

Interesting for sure. I’m sure it works off gravity to arrange the orientation. That is the way my home made case feeder works for my progressive.

Of course if you have enough magazines, you can sit down with your ammo can while watching TV, and have a very therapudic fidget toy while you watch your favorite show. Then you have enough loaded for your next few range sessions.

Load on Sunday, shoot all week.

Good suggestion. My dad likes to clean his guns while watching Westerns or action films.