Butane Torch Missing

Anyone seen the butane torch that lives in the resin cabinet? It was missing tonight when someone went to use it for a class.

Is it a micro torch? Because I saw one today … ummm, I think I saw it in Interactive on the table next to the Sigma Chi sign.

image Looks like a creme brûlée torch

1 Like

now I want a class where we torch creme brûlée at the beginning, pop them in the fridge, make something cool out of resin, then celebrate with delicious creme brûlée

Edit:

Steve is probably correct here, I was thinking still about the broiler method which does need fridge time after, with a torch it’s an ‘eat right now’!

Edit part 2: I’ve unintentionally derailed this, continued creme brûlée discussion should probably happen elsewhere. Apologies.

3 Likes

We can do this. Why not?

1 Like

The current interior of the fridge would probably be the current problem. (sorry to make this a tad off topic) But solve that and you’re right, no reason we couldn’t!

2 Likes

Personally, crème brulee is never off topic.

4 Likes

The one in Interactive looked sorta like this:

Not ours, but If it has a blue ring around it it belongs to jewelry.

1 Like

Yeh, it might belong to Jewelry. I think I remember seeing some blue. Sorry.

1 Like

Cowboy Kent Rollins says “WHAT?!? My crem brewlay torch don’t look like THAT!”

3 Likes

Flamethrower brûlée

1 Like

so is that a technique to torch it then put it back in the fridge? I’ve always made mine where you torch the sugar and immediately serve so you get both warm and cold, crunchy and creamy all in one bite.

1 Like

I had the jewelry one in interactive with permission. My concern is how to keep the items we need where they belong so the next person can use them. Multiple torches? A reminder tag on equipment to return to where you got it? It’s frustrating but I also don’t want a witch hunt for a missing item because it’s usually a simple mistake. I’ve accidentally worn safety glasses home before kind of thing. Or I put it down and got distracted and forgot to put that one item up. It’s a quandary.

2 Likes

Agreed, I wasn’t worried about the jewelry torch. I wish we had a checkout equipment system. Like you check it out and use it in another room then check it back in.
Not looking to witch hunt, just trying to determine if we needed to buy more- which I did so we would have duplicates.

4 Likes

We had similar issues when we had three cordless drills. I think Brandon just kept buying more until we met the need.

How much are they?

3 Likes

Cost is minimal- about 14$ each

3 Likes

I’ve seen these torches wander outside to light people’s smokes. Maybe check out there.

I keep my good one in my truck, and is commonly seen on the table out back when I need it. Larger model than most in the space.