Burning Smell in Dye Sub Room

So I walked in today and there was a burning smell in the dye sub room. @AmeliaG helped me determine that it was a note that was placed IN the still hot heat press. People are supposed to put a note saying that the machine was hot and what date and time, but please put the note on the machine in a way that doesn’t touch the actual heating element.

4 Likes

The person is being addressed individually, it was an honest mistake. I’m so glad you were there to catch it though. There were 5 of us in the room outside and none of us could smell it.

Additionally- we’ll be placing a clip board neat to the heat press for the ‘hot on’ paper, so this kind of mistake can’t happen again.
The paper on the handle has always been a bit clunky.

3 Likes

Good idea!

Would it be easier to post a clock sign with movable arms, with the label modified:

1 Like

Thanks for catching that and letting us know Jackie! Like Amelia mentioned, we know who it was and it was an honest mistake.

We are now discussing updated signage and education for using the clamshell and should have something in place soon!

3 Likes

Any new signage needs to be able to move with the heat presses. That room is very small for all of the things in it, so I instruct people that it is perfectly fine to move the presses out of the room to use them.

Also, what kind of paper was used for the sign? I ask because I’ve been clamping the “hot at” sign in the press for 5 years and never had a problem with it.

1 Like

Not sure at all which paper they used, but I’d hope it would be from the dye sub roll in the room.

And yes, I was planning on signage that would indeed travel with the press :slight_smile:

The paper today was the one from the role in the creative arts room