Bullet vendor and characters

The boys in the family added a 9mm and a 45mm to their collections. Where is the most affordable ammo? Buying reloaded from the in laws isn’t an option anymore

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with AmmunitionDepot.com. Takes a few days shipping ( from Kissimmiee, FL. )

1 Like

For finished ammo I tend to just hit up Walmart or Academy. I get tired of all the shipping games with online ordering. I’m a fan of the ease of grabbing locally more than saving less than $10. This is especially true for common pistol calibers as the savings are often even smaller.

2 Likes

If you shoot a lot, try www.targetsportsusa.com. I found they have good prices and free shipping on case quantities.

I’ll second Walmart if you don’t want to reload yourself. The last time I checked they had the lowest prices I could find.

3 Likes

Yep. Another vote for WallyWorld. They always seem to have great prices on 9 for sure.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I know they are planning to begin having man dates at the range. Once they settle on a range of course. They tried the outdoor here in Rowlett and Target Masters off Jupiter so far. If Hatchers does regular meetups let me know. I may be able to get you two new members :slight_smile:

If buying in bulk, lately Academy has had some good pricing. I usually also make a point of checking out SGammo.com. They will ship no signature required, if you are aren’t worried about porch pirates. And just coming from Oklahoma, delivery is usually pretty quick.

1 Like

There is also gunbot.net
You can set it up for price and other stuff. I personally have not used them other than to see what the running rates are.

Even with sales at Academy I found the PPR (price per round)cheaper at Walmart. But like any consumer products they change.

2 Likes

Unless the in-laws are licensed to manufacture and sell ammunition, they should never have sold anyone ammo - even reloads…

They are. Licensed arms dealer as well.

Plus one for SG Ammo in Oklahoma. Also Walmart is hard to beat for pistol calibers, especially 9mm.

1 Like

Brownells.com comes up often with 9mm ~15-17/rd.
~25-27/rd for .45
they often offer free shipping.

Stay away from Southern Ohio Gun as they have hidden charges.

www.midwayusa.com does specials with free shipping and those can be really cheap.

2 Likes