Bulk illuminated toggle switches

I want to buy bulk Illuminated Rocker Switches. I am looking on Ali Express, Amazon, and Generally around the Internet. But I was wondering if anyone else would know where I could find some. I will need around +2000 depending on their size. Right now I am looking into Rectangular amber colored ones but would be interested in Round and other colors maybe.

Specifics are that I want them only illuminated in the on position. they don’t need any technical specs other than preferable being a standard size. (i.e. 21mm x 15mm on the face) I am open to different sized though.

This is my insperation.

1 Like

If you are planning on building a display like that, I’m in to buy a bunch as well to help, as I’ve wanted to do a project like this for more than 6 years now.

Amazing. I want to build one that is 55" by 25" for my living room.

But a large one of these could be great to put into the Makerspace as a fun interactive display.

This is part of my LEARN new things project list. This is my get better at soldering (Seeing as I will need to do a ton of that lol.) and First Laser project.

I want to theorize about making it able to auto-populate but don’t know if that will be possible. (i.e add an Arduino that will turn on and off switches.)

I tend to start thinking about projects in my head and let them grown and then pull them back to what is feasible.

Some options on Alibaba,

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/12X12-Illuminated-Tact-Switch-With-Red_60608287909.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.243.6a0583b2l6mg4G

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/4-Gang-Car-Boat-LED-Toggle_60734172877.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.381.6a0583b2l6mg4G

What are the best switches you have found?

Is your intent for the switch to be lit only when it is in the ON position or do you want an Arduino to have total control?

Another possibility is for switch to be lit only when it is in the ON position AND when the Arduino has not disabled it.

For me, I’m in for the full analog experience, where the switch handles all lighting.

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/activities/lite-brite-retro-style-magic-screen-160-piece-02215-107763126

@halachal I love this and now I want to make a Giant light bright.

@Nick I do think I am settling on a full analog option. I think that makes the best experience. I don’t want to have to fidget with code or an app to make it change. So yes just all the switches lit when they are turned on.

Here are the best I have found

There are tons of lite options I may look into buying a handful of a few different kinds and making small versions!!!

Saw this as an art installation in Montreal a few years back and yes, it was fantastic.

Hey Guys,

I sell electronics components and I get shipments in from China weekly. If you want to pick out a style or two on Aliexpress and send me the link, I will check with my distributors. I can usually get them considerably cheaper, and then just throw them in with one of my shipments.

6 Likes