Building Access Request for Friday 18th

Hi there - I have a favor to ask :slight_smile:

I am a new member but don’t have my FOB yet (and need it to try attend training this Saturday which coincides with the regular tour).

Is anyone available at DMS tomorrow (Friday 18th) around 2pm to let me into the building so that I can complete the waiver and activate my FOB.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sorry I missed this. Did anyone catch you? I can’t get there that fast at this point but I can be there around 5:30-6

1 Like

Hi Tails :slight_smile: Thank you so much - that’s very kind of you! I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I’ll only be available for another hour or so. Is it ok if I drive by the building on the off chance that someone’s there, and ask them to let me in?

If not, I’ll just arrive 30 minutes early for tomorrow morning’s Open House and try to get my FOB activated before the class starts at 10am.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sure! Now, I can’t guarantee anybody is there that can help. I’m at work, and while I think Capt might be there, we’ve never made him learn how to do the fobs. The half-hour-before-class-tomorrow is probably your safest bet. Which training are you taking?

1 Like

Thanks - I completely understand that it’s a crap shoot, as is my being able to attend the class tomorrow :slight_smile:

I’m hoping that there will be a cancellation for the laser class, so that I can attend that.

if someone is there, but doesn’t know how to setup a fob, here’s what you need to do:

If you haven’t already, sign the waiver in the lobby. The name and email should match what’s on your account.

In the common room there is a little wooden box in the center of the room on the table that has fobs. Take one, and then go to https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/makermanager

You can hit badges–My Badge and enter the number there (include the leading zeros).

3 Likes

Thanks for all your help, guys!

I lucked out :slight_smile: James happened to be there and was kind enough to let me in and help me set up my fob.

2 Likes