Build Pro Welding Fixture Table Clamps - (committee discussion)

This is for the committee. We voted on $1000 for clamps for our new 5/8inch fixture tables. We have a few clamps from this system and they are really nice. A lot of the clamps and grips in the metal shop are old and beaten up. We haven’t bought new stuff in years.

This is my suggestion on what we should get but it is by no means set in stone. If we get enough agreement we will submit it to our treasurer:

1 Like

I couldn’t find the metal shop meeting on the calendar, the machine shop ones are uploaded for the whole year.

also, why do we have only three of those heavy green angle clamps? did we have four and somehow somebody yeeted one?

It’s probably hiding somewhere. These table and clamp systems would eliminate the need for those vices anyways.

That seems optimistic. For a few years, I don’t recall ever seeing more than 3 of them at one time.

@rlisbona @troyolivieri

Please get a quote from metroplex on these items.

@Bizwacky please review this committee request to approve the funding.

Max I dont think you attached the partnumbers

I think they are in the original post in the thread.

Ill get a quote on these tomorrow morning…

1 Like

DALLAS MAKERSPACE CLAMP QUOTE_230714_112130.pdf (79.8 KB)

@Bizwacky here is the quote for the clamps… I was able to save a couple bucks… the first two line items are in Arlington, the last line item is in California.

Thank you,

Looks good to me. I approve.

2 Likes

The clamps all showed up today… I’ll be delivering them tonite to the metal shop and maybe finish off the table so we can try them out…

1 Like