Build a tricked out PC - Steampunk? Case modification?

I retired from Symbol Technologies, bought by Motorola, Then bought by Zebra, all in the barcode business. I call it my SyMotoZeb days (~18years)

I have several MAD magazines with the barcode issue when barcoding became a requirement in 1978.

1 Like

I scored this old telegraph sounder for the PC case. Needs a spring.

Love the office, the ouija boards are a good touch.

First thing came to mind was “now that’s steampunk” well sort of… that and how an victorian office of the period would have some sort of patterned wallpaper.

Might I suggest installing some Bradbury & Bradbury Victorian Hand-Prints or something similar?

The office is just inside our entryway. Wallpaper is already on the bottom part, but chances of wallpaper on the top part is zero to none. The Ouija wall is easily the wall with the most open space. Left is covered and has a door; right are windows; and behind is an open doorway and some old photos.

I’ll be trying to set up a brief meeting on Saturday Sept 24th.

How does one try to play by the DMS rules and set up a meeting? Remember, I’ll be bringing DONUTS!

It looks like the Conference Room is not reserved. Reserve it be scheduling the room by going to Events.

That will put it on calendar. Or look for times not used by CA. But for first meeting, I’d suggest Conference room.

I have done a Steampunk laptop mod for relatively cheap a long time ago, before I knew about Makerspace sadly. I even gave it a pseudo-typewriter keyboard. I will Post pictures when I get home. I would be glad to help out if you want.

Great! I am shifting just a little, and picking up a used case instead of doing a mod on the new full tower case.

The full tower has a place out of sight which makes no sense to mod. This case will also get a strong CPU, but will be quite visible.

I get the case this afternoon. More later.