Bridgeport class 3-25-2023

@BobKarnaugh is teaching the Bridgeport class tomorrow afternoon. https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19443

There are still some openings. To join, you must do the pre-requisite as indicated here

4 Likes

Are there any lathe classes planned?

I believe that you signal your interest in the lathe class by taking the self-study course as listed above.

1 Like

Jerry,

Likely I will schedule a lathe basics class for the afternoon of April 22nd, a Saturday, same day as the committee meeting.

Regards,
Bob

2 Likes

I am currently looking to be trained on the lathe and would love to attend this class if you would schedule it on the events calendar. What time do you think the lathe class would be held?

Not putting words into Bob’s mouth, but committee meeting starts at 5:00. Bob’s machining classes usually start around 2:00.

1 Like

Don’t forget that the way to signal that you want a lathe class is to complete the online class first. See the top post in this thread for how to get into the online class.

2 Likes

I have completed the Colchester Lathe online portion :+1:

1 Like

Evan and Jerry,

I have scheduled a lathe class for April 22, a Saturday and committee meeting day, at 2pm. It should appear on the events calendar on Monday or Tuesday, at the latest.

Regards,
Bob

2 Likes

Very sorry for going back on coming to the class, but looks like I’m not actually free the 22nd and won’t be able to make it. Would’ve loved to show up but I’ll have to wait for the next Lathe Training because of my schedule.

Evan,

If, by chance, you have prior lathe experience you can be certified after a brief check out on the lathe in lieu of the class.

Regards,
Bob

I see that your lathe class has hit the calendar.

I had another commitment when this one was on, so I’ll be looking for the next Bridgeport class.

This one was a lathe class. It just happened to be in the Bridgeport discussion. Go figure …