Breadboard and RPi Specials at Tanner Electronics

Tanner Electronics has a big bunch of breadboards they are really trying to unload. The posted price is higher but for DMS members the price is $4.00. The breadboards have 630 tie points which is a great size for hobby projects. I use this size for my Arduino class kits. Extra breadboards are great. I seldom really finish projects. I would rather grab a spare breadboard than rip out a previous project.

The last I heard, they still a few Raspberry Pi 2B-s and PiFaces. Is the PiFace beautiful only because it has a bunch of LEDs, relays, screw terminals, open collector outputs and more? Ask for the latest revision.

[Edit: Corrected the number to 630 tie points]

4 Likes

One word of caution about those Radio Shack breadboards: the power bus bars along both edges are isolated in the middle. You have to jumper between them if you want them to run the entire length.

I suppose some will call that a feature if they have more than a single +V and ground.

3 Likes

I may have to get more of them. I cant seem to have enough breadboards.

1 Like

I like the weighted base that these come with! I need to pick up one or two.

1 Like

Wish I’d known about the discount. I paid full price for one of them a couple weeks ago. Not sure what I’ll do with it yet, but the price was really good.

I picked up several of them while at lunch a few minutes ago. They also have a bunch of used/tested Raspberry PI 2’s for $6.95 in a bin up front. Also a bunch of different DIN rail mount power supplies.

The MakerSpace price is $5. The Raspi PI Faces is $4.

I totally missed the breadboards today and Monday.

Are you saying they are sold out on the breadboards or that you did not see them?

Yes. :blankspace: :blankspace:

1 Like

Jimmy went to the warehouse and grabbed me some. There were a few on the shelves by the magazine rack at the front of the store. Actually several of the items I bought were retrieved from the warehouse or back office area so what is out on the shelf or on display may not be the total inventory. The breadboard kits I bought were in a brown cardboard box about 8x12x2 inches. Easy to overlook on the shelf.

3 Likes

Just fyi there were a large stack of breaboards in the brown cardboard boxes on Saturday and still $5, they only have 2 pi 2 left for 5 bucks but they had a box of the piface with about 15 left still

3 Likes