Brass Memorial Plaque

Does anyone have the ability to engrave some lettering on a 4"x6" plate of brass? I haven’t used any of the CNC machines, needing to make a memorial plaque. Thanks,

Colby Sherman

This has been done before on the mills in machine shop. @TBJK would know the most about how to do this.

I’ve also seen granite plaques etched on the laser.

The Metaza can only handle up to about 4" x 4"…bummer. But I think the Shapeoko (non-woodshop) can handle this? I get you are looking for more direct and/or immediate help…

The shapeoko 3 would do a good job I’d think. Shapeoko 2 probably as well but I’d use the more capable machine if possible. @keoliver did some really great engraving on plastic this past week for an edge lighted sign.

There are a lot of ways you could do something like this. Directly with what was mentioned. You could also make a template guide via 3d print or lasered to use say a router or similar. You could also do a vinyl mask & etch it.

1 Like

What kind of look are you going for ? If you want engraved , think trophy plaque , diamond drag on the shapeoko 3 will be perfect . If you want more relief or detail, vinyl mask and ferric chloride will work best . I can help with either . Let me know .

2 Likes