Bora Parallel Clamp 4-piece Set - $99

Seem like an uncommonly good deal ($200 on Amazon!?):

4 Likes

I bought a set of these from Woodpeckers during their last sale. You’ll read reviews that say they aren’t parallel. To a degree that’s true; when sitting with no clamping pressure, the moveable head’s face is a few degrees from parallel. However, once clamping pressure is applied, the head becomes parallel.

Perhaps not the best design, but they do work and are inexpensive at the sale price. I wouldn’t but them at full price as they are not as well made as a Bessey or Jorgansen. For critical, must have parallel heads at all times glue-ups, I grab my Besseys, for anything else, these do in a pinch. At least the set I received :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s right. It always cracks me up to see peope using the parallel clamps with their work not sitting flat on the bars or flat table surface…kinda self-defeating!

Good to know. I ordered some and will test 1st thing. Sadly, nowadays I have become used to returning about ~2/3rds of the crap I buy because it is either not what I ordered or not fit-for-purpose. Maybe I should stop shopping at Lowes Depot and Walmart and Amazon. :man_shrugging:

1 Like