• Brian Terry - 34
  • Brandon Green - 32
  • Allen Wan - 27

The logo vote had 85 total votes, with the current logo winning:

• Current - 48
  • Proposed - 37
6 Likes

Congrats to Our new Board of Directors!!! :slight_smile:

… and, Congrats to our long standing Logo being voted in as Our Official Logo!!! :smile:

Thanks to Everyone who took the time to vote!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Andrew,

Are you planning to post the list of names of all members who voted along with their votes.

As Allen brought up in the Board meeting, our elections are not supposed to be anonymous.

1 Like

EEK, that’s a fireball waiting to happen. Pulling up a chair…

3 Likes

Flagged? You buncha hosers. Take off, eh?

(Edit to unhide. Anyone want to own up to flagging my posts? Get a life and lighten up.)

3 Likes

Well, that makes me glad I forgot to ask for voting rights.

They may not be explicitly anonymous, but I feel as though there is zero value in publishing people’s vote.

I would speculate that an overwhelming majority of people assume their votes would be anonymous, just like when they vote in state elections.

Then they have never voted as a normal corporations shareholder. All of those votes need to be recorded by law and records kept.

I am not suggesting that we have to put members votes on the talk forum or the wiki, but those records need to be kept, and any member has a right to request to review them in person if we don’t make them available electronically.

While I am in no way impinging Andrew’s character, the reason for these kinds of regulations is that they provide members/shareholders their only means to ensure such votes are above board.

We made changes this year to ensure that we comply with the law. This is just another aspect.

3 Likes

I voted for Alex Rhodes, Lisa Selk, Brandon Green, Robert Davidson, and (I think) Mitch.

You have no anonymity in the Board Meeting. You should assume no anonymity with the online system, either.

3 Likes

I agree with @wandrson and Allen the vote need to be public.

2 Likes

I’d also bet most people haven’t voted as shareholders of a corporation. Not everybody has an ESOP, or is an owner, or even necessarily understands the proxy statements they get in the mail if they own individual stocks.

I’m kind of on the fence about it now, depending on what you’re talking about. It should obviously be recorded (I didn’t mean to imply otherwise), but I don’t think making it public serves any purpose. Subject to inspection by a member and public are different things.

Yes, but public, like our meeting minutes are easier on our volunteers. Though I have no real preference as long as they can be inspected.

I will admit that I don’t really understand this belief in anonymity. Even your normal public elections aren’t really anonymous, though long term records are not kept. But up to the point that the election results are certified it is possible for election officials to check how you voted. This actually happened in the one Bush/Gore election.

My thoughts are all thats gonna do is give those who ran that didnt make it a can of oh you didnt vote for me, then let me ignore you even further.

I mean why would you want to know why you didnt win.

But the general public, and other voters for that matter, wasn’t privy to that information.

If they are that immature we are lucky they weren’t elected.

2 Likes

I can’t point to any examples, but I think they can obtain that access if they challenge the validity of the election.

I dunno man, thats a natural reaction to defeat. I mean if i lost or won, i wouldn’t wanna know who voted for who. The people spoke, you know how sensitive topics are around here…hence this…

I got 2 tickets for the main show and the matinee.

2 Likes

Can someone point to a specific provision of federal or Texas state law that says a 501©(3) is required to reveal the votes of its members? I’ve never heard of anything like that before. For that matter, I just voted online for a couple of public corporation’s boards in which I’m a shareholder and the online voting system indicated that my vote was anonymous, linked only to a number of shares and not specific shareholders.

I suggest talking with Allen (not on talk), my experience is with corporations governed by other states laws and would rather not pay my attorney to do the research if I don’t have to.

I would suggest that just because you have encountered examples where they claimed you had anonymity doesn’t mean that was legal, after all until this year we used a computer voting system that was most definitely illegal.