Board Election - Meet The Candidates Tuesday 3/31

So far we have 8 candidates running for the 2015 Board of Directors Election. In the last year the membership has grown considerably, and many of our members may not have had a chance to meet the people who are running for the board.

So that our members can find out more about the candidates, I’m scheduling a meet-and-greet on Tuesday, March 31st at 7:30pm. We’ll start by introducing the candidates and giving each a few minutes to talk, afterwards we’ll switch to a more informal Q&A session.

Here is the current list of candidates, with links to their Statements of Intent:

1. Alex Rhodes
  2. Allen Wan
  3. Andrew LeCody
  4. Benjamin Groves
  5. Kent Bowling
  6. Krissy Heishman
  7. Luke Olson
  8. Nick Sainz
  9. Pearce Dunlap
  10. Robert Davidson

Updated: Added Allen Wan and Krissy Heishman to the list.

5 Likes

How many spots need to be filled?

There are 5 seats on the Board of Directors.

Sounds like a good time. I’ll see you all there.

Side note will there be any moderator? Might be good to keep the conversation moving.

Currently there’s no moderator, but I’m open to suggestions.

I’ve also updated the list to include Allen Wan and Krissy Heishman who have recent put in the Statements of Intent.

Nick Dangerous might be a good moderator. I would of guessed more candidates would be chasing in this thread.

gasp politics! :hear_no_evil:

Well, I do have some good basic questions which I used to vet candidates for the HOA board… but those were for 1-on-1 interviews.

If some form of moderation is desired, I think it would be best to have the candidates answer perhaps 3-4 of these questions individually in front of the group. Then reunite everyone for group chat/Q&A.

Wouldn’t hurt to do this more than 1 evening during the week, since many members only have weekend time, or maybe, like me, pre-standing tuesday thursday commitments…

Never the less, great effort, and much appreciated, especially the gathering of intent documents.

When will the dueling / jousting segment take place? We need to know what bowstaff skills the candidates posses to make an educated decision.

2 Likes

While I have no problems with
@nickdangerous being the moderator, I find it odd that you suggest someone who has nominated you insteada of anyone else in the space.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Not sure why you find it odd? @nickdangerous is a great option to moderate the event. He has great social skills, can play the role of neutral party, and will take the responsibility seriously. His public nomination of me only strengthen the suggestion, as any sign of favoritism would quickly be pointed out.

In pursuit of transparency, I would encourage any member supporting me to please feel free to add their name to the list of members nominating me for board. Here is a link to my statement of intent.

I am afraid I won’t be able to make this gathering of the candidates. I really wish I could attend.

My hopes are that my track record (for better and worse) can speak for me.

Wow, we now have 10 candidates! Great to see the interest in directing DMS onwards to even bigger/better things.

DMS would not be the amazing place it is now without the hard work of these people. Come out and get involved with the process. I’m sure we will have some interesting questions.

I’m suprised by number of candidates too. Nick you can add me as a person
who nominates you. Sorry, would do it myself but on the beach on my phone
and won’t be back for a few days.

Is this going to be streamed and/or recorded? Please… :wink: :slight_smile:

I’d like to thank everyone that came out to the candidate meet up last night. I enjoyed the opportunity to here everyone’s opinions and plans for the future.

1 Like

Can we start meeting at 9:30pm or later so Lisa and other swingshifters can participate?

Please know that I’m only kidding. See I could never run for BOD.

1 Like