Blacksmithing Opportunities August 2023 - Intro Class, Open Forge, Committee Meetings. 🔨

Howdy y’all I wanted to let y’all know the upcoming classes this month in the blacksmith shop.

August 10th 7:00pm-Intro to blacksmithing class going over the machines in the shop and safety

August 20th 10:00am-Open forge that will be pretty open on what you want to work on from your projects to small projects we will have for you to do that are also simple.

Both of these were posted today and will take around 48-72 hours to post on the event calendar. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this. We will hold the next blacksmithing meeting on the 22nd as is the tradition Joe established. The meeting is scheduled and will appear in 48 hrs or so.

2 Likes

Sounds good I will be attending that as well! Definitely ready to see what we will have on the way in the next few months.

1 Like

Hope ya’ll don’t mind my title change; I thought there was so much MOAR in here than the original title reflected! Love to see Bsmithing going at it hammer & tongs! (I DO amuse myself, why do you ask?)

1 Like

Looks like a great title change, thank you!

1 Like

For all that would like to sign up for these two classes they are both on the events page. One will be this Thursday at 7 pm and the other will be on the 20th on Sunday morning.

Here’s the Sunday class link: Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

There was only one slot left in the Thursday class when I looked at it, so I’m not posting that link.

2 Likes

Thanks Beth!

1 Like

For those asking to see if there is room for more on the class this Thursday, sadly there’s not. The open forge is good to get some learning of blacksmithing. If you are interested in taking the introduction to blacksmithing I will post one more class for next Thursday if that is wanted by a few. If so it will fall on the 17th of next week.

For those that didn’t get signed up for this Thursday and would still like to join. There is now a class available on the 17th this month for the same equipment.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/20122
Link included for easy sign up.

1 Like

I’m gonna try to make it into the shop sometime this month. I may be able to drop in on the 20th. Miss yall! I finally have a working car again lol.

1 Like