Beginner Blacksmithing '24

Will there be any new offerings for a beginner course, or is it better to meet with a mentor during the week. Am very interested to learn and get started!

There will be a class tonight at 5:30. You are welcome to come watch and possibly join. As far as personal stuff send me a message and we can plan a day if that works better than tonight

2 Likes

Have you ever done any blacksmithing? We usually have open forges and an occasional hammer in to get familiar with blacksmithing. I’ve also taught, last year mind you, how to make a punch which is a very fundamental beginner blacksmithing task.

I can also recommend considering taking beginning blacksmithing classes from Kelly Kring at Dallas Community College at the Brookhaven campus. I’ve taken all of the classes there (four of them) and I’m repeating the Advanced II class every semester now.

I just finished making a rounding hammer there and I’m working on my ABANA level two (of three) curriculum course work.

Is there a particular project you want to accomplish. @raceman1590 teaches some excellent classes, too.

See the message above.

I’ll be there, thanks!!!

1 Like