Before we know it, the British may be walking on the moon

1 Like

Moon Walker aspirations?

Question. From the article (emphasis mine):

In 2001 a greengrocer from Sunderland arguably did more than any politician to set Britain on the path towards Brexit when he was convicted for breaching EU rules banning the sale of fruit and vegetables in pounds and ounces.

Now, 20 years on, Boris Johnson is to make good on a pledge to vindicate the cause of the “metric martyr” by announcing the return of imperial weights and measures.
Under plans unveiled by ministers today it will once again become legal for market stalls, shops and supermarkets to sell their goods using only Britain’s traditional weighing system.

Does this mean that purveyors must use “traditional weighing system”? Or are they free to use it and/or metric, as well… It seems like allowing either (again, I presume) is sensible. Forcing “the other” is as ridiculous as forcing the one… Now, enforcing standards are met (that is, if you are selling “an ounce/lb/kilo/gram” of something, the measure is true) is perfectly sensible…

I hope they do not go with an all one or the other approach.

We have proven that the market can decide.

We have two-liter bottles next to 12 oz cans and they do not fight.

2 Likes

Given the right instigator, this travesty can be corrected.

4 Likes

As this venue clearly illustrates, otherwise rational people will fight over anything…

1 Like

They’ve already been there loads of times. Please try to keep up :rofl:

They also have either 200ml or 300ml cans of soda next to the 12 ounce cans…Ive been wondering how long before they start an un-civil war.

There is a major pissing contest right now between the US & UK vs France over a Nuclear sub being sold to France yelling about being BETRAYED … so maybe this will be the last straw.