Because it was requested

@Josh_Melnick, @kobin,

Josh asked me to post pictures when it was done, and to be honest, it’s not quite finished yet, but I got the glassware in today…so this is where I’m heading with this, lol!

It will hold enough grounds (39g) for 24oz of coffee and can be made to accommodate a 10in stainless steel insulated travel container. (Measured on my own 24oz vacuum stainless thermos)

I opted for a premium paper filter over the stainless steel washable because the paper filter will filter out the oils from the coffee beans which do get into the grounds and changes the flavor and mouth feel of a good, premium coffee.

The fixture itself has been designed to be able to be used as a standalone fixture in a home or mountable to a table in a boutique coffee shop for tableside pour over service.

Coming up in the next month or so, I will be working on a siphon / vacuum Style in the same industrial feel thanks to @kobin and his welcoming invite to the Sciance lab and assistance.

5 Likes

Nice! I would definitely NOT drink anything that was in the science lab glassware however :joy:

2 Likes

Fair enough, lol!

If I do decide to actually give it a test run, I’ll make sure to sterilize everything, thoroughly.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m more concerned about unknown chemical residues that may or may not be soluble in soap and water :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Very true.
I’m also thinking acetone would probably be a bad idea to use as a cleaning solvent…lol

Honestly, this makes me think of the episode of The Big Bang Theory when Sheldon was trying to help Amy in her lab and she kept having him wash all of the glassware over and over again because as she said “this had brain fluid from an elephant that has syphilis, would you drink water out of it?”.

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

My sciency brain saw the smoker and the AC unit and immediately thought cold smoked cheese or salmon. :smoking: :cheese:

1 Like

So that is one thing I miss from living on the East Coast and having real winters. It was super simple to cold smoke stuff because of how cold it got during the winter. I never had to worry about the temperature running away. I could keep a low smoke temperature for hours and hours. :cold_face: :joy:

It’s one of the big reasons I miss living up north as well, lol!

I can do it is just weird having to put a rack over a tray of ice. Then replenish the ice every hour. If you forget you have a nice puddle of cheese.

Reminds me of the Absinthe water drip setup I made using a seperatory funnel…

1 Like