Bearing hub puller kit

Do we have a bearing hub puller kit by any chance?

Something like this. https://www.autozone.com/trailer-hitch-hitch-balls-and-towing-accessories/trailer-bearing/p/cta-manufacturing-corporation-master-wheel-bearing-and-hub-kit/1324716_0_0

I’m trying to pull a front wheel bearing on my daughters 2016 Honda Civic tonight

I would check the big green toolbox, in the tall box on the right side are an assortment of specialty tools. I would also look on the grey shelves between automotive and the space formally known as laser, some tool sets may be there. There may also be a slide hammer around here somewhere.

Depending on how the hub/knuckle are arranged you might consider using the arbor press or hydraulic press. You’ll have to pull the knuckle off for that though.

Eta: You might consider purchasing the knuckle/bearing preassembled. It’s not cheap, but it does dramatically simplify the job!

1 Like

Thanks Chris. I found the slide hammer and accessories. It should work. I’m betting the bearing race will come apart when I pull it but we’ll see. I was hoping we had something like the tool in this part of this vid. https://youtu.be/zGrwh-zXtHs?si=p8dtRLvqhL33AYFZ&t=269. He calls it a bearing hub kit. Autozone didn’t have this at any store close by. And yeah, i’m hoping to avoid pulling the knuckle off.

2 Likes

Very special thanks to the tribe of folks that gave me advice and encoragement last night. Didn’t get started till maybe 10 but Nate, Sam, Alan, and even delierious Ricky helped me out. Used the slide hammer to get the bearing out initially. The top race of the bearing came out with the hub and the remainder staying in the knuckle which ultimately lead me to pulling the whole knuckle as we determined we don’t have a bearing hub puller kit. We have a lot of things that are close but not that exactly. It was easy enough in the end. I pressed the bearing out and the new in and then pressed in the hub and reassembed. Had to use a technique of grinding a groove in the piece of the race left on the hub then cracked it with a cold chisel. Drove away at 3:15 and I was the first to leave amoung that bunch. ha ha.

5 Likes

You definitely had the DMS autos A-team there! I’m glad to hear there was success!

2 Likes