Be in Guinness and help our school get a CNC! For $0!

It’ll take you a very, very short time to make a mosaic tile for the latest challenge from Inventables. I did mine in 10 minutes…and you can do it with a file you already have laying around. In exchange for helping them get into the Guinness Book of World Records they’re going to send a $5 off coupon. Inventables will allow schools to combine gift cards so by combining our powers we’ll get something really cool for our kids! Put your spam email account to good use :wink:

No CNC? No problem. You can still contribute by making a file and uploading it. I’d be more than happy to reserve the lecture hall and walk anyone through the process who wants to help but isn’t familiar.

@uglyknees if we can really rally the masses I bet we can get two! Maybe the crack you need?

Whaaaaa send me some info. I’m interested.

https://www.inventables.com/challenges/mosaic-tiles

I feel like this is a thing we could make happen

@uglyknees my first round of kids got their codes today and are being combined. It’s a real boy. Question is how can we get a Carvey drive going?

I’ve totally slacked on this. I will slice this puppy up tonight.

I’m trying to energize the young ones mostly so I have time over the summer to do assembly

1 Like

Is there a deadline for this?

Not to my knowledge. Their CSR said it will go until they need it to stop. Translation for that in my guess would be a couple weeks. Someone did start trolling the page so I hope they knock it off before it becomes an issue and they shut it down to eliminate the troll population.

If membership wants to go Captain Planet and combine powers we can probably work out something to have the space get an upgraded/larger shapeoko and campus gets the older one. They go up to 1000 mm

I got a code. Where would you like me to send it?

1 Like

I send you a inbox message