Barge cement 2022/09/24

So, the big can of barge is pretty well dried out. I’m planning on getting a new, smaller can. @jnorine – any thoughts? Anybody else want to chime in?

Lol…yeah that happens…buy smaller and replace when needed rather than buying the big can and it drying out and ending up in the trash unless you have a bunch of classes requiring heavy duty glue-up. For a lot of the smaller stuff, the eco glues are fine and safer. Just always remember to wipe down & VASELINE the threads the on lid of the Barge can so it doesn’t glue itself shut!

1 Like

Based on my experience with CA glue, I’m guessing we could wipe the jar threads with a rag doused in WD40 … which we’re more likely to find sitting around DMS.

2 Likes

Neat trick…never tried that w/ CA glue! Lol, I used to keep a little jar of Vaseline in the leather cabinet on top of the Barge can, but I’m guessing folks pitched it over the years wondering “what the heck is this for?” At home I have an old empty eyeshadow palette abt the same size as the Barge can lid full of vaseline and cemented to the top of it, always at the ready so I don’t have to go hunting it, lol!

1 Like