Bad Break - Great Timing & Location - Ingenious MAKER Fix

Not quite made at the space but I had to throw together a jig to press my drag link end at the pitman arm. The sucker broke on me while getting ready to leave.

5 Likes

You’re supposed to AVOID the big boulders when offroading! :smile:
But props on the “in the dirt” repair!

Lol. It broke as I was getting ready to leave to get my wife’s car. 2 tires blown out this morning. Nothing like turning to leave to hear a nice pop. It was right in front of my house. Blocked my neighbors driveway partially too for a bit.

Ironically this has happened to me before in my Jeep about 5 years ago. That was an interesting fix too. Water moccasin ran under as we pulled back up to put the part back on.

2 Likes

Good thing it broke at low speed! That failure would be really unpleasant at 65 MPH.

I had my car break down in the driveway once.

For a split second it was an "Aw S’ " moment. Then I thought “Thank you Lord!” Every other time it breaks down I found my self saying “Why couldn’t it happened at home or closer to home!” Well, I figured a prayer was answered.

2 Likes

I could not have asked for much better timing for sure. It would have been nasty on 35 in all the twists and turns that it currently has. I did have to make that “jig” because the 4# hammers wasn’t getting it done.

2 Likes