Axies awesome sock exchange idea for December 17th

Ever brilliant and sparkly @axeonos came up with a great idea to extend the holiday spirit - a sock exchange.

This will happen December 17th during the pot luck AFTER the board meeting.

The down low:
Buy some cute socks, stuff them with wrapped goodies and treats. Slap a bow on it so it doesn’t all spill out and discourage sneaks. Bring your items to the pot luck. We will wait till the board meeting is over (just if people want to come and join) and we will do some sort of fun exchanging of socks in some interesting way. Bam, cute socks for you.

Suggestions:
Don’t spend a ton I would suggest >$10 but you make your own decisions on that.
Make sure things are wrapped up.
Have fun with the idea, we only go around once.
No ice cream.
New socks only…had to say it people.
Target has super cute socks in the women’s sock area for $1.50 (bacon, mermaids, and more hipster delight stuff)
Still lost? Well google it or take a peek here: https://www.pinterest.com/taylortown11/sock-exchange/

Who’s in?
Ayden and I are both bringing a pair each

I’ll be back in town by then so why not. The only question becomes if I will remember or not with finals coming up.

Jake and I will be bringing socks :slight_smile:

Sock Distribution Idea:

Large box placed under the Festivus Pole, open top, arm-size hole cut in the side. Everyone drops their socks into the box when they arrive. At the appointed Hour (maybe after the Airing, before the Wrestling) the cover is placed on the box, it is tumbled three times, and then everyone comes up, one at a time, and reaches through the hole.

The rule is you have to take the first sock you touch, no groping around, and you have to open your sock and show everyone what is inside.

All we need is some Creative Person to make the box…

2 Likes

I’ll bring a pair of socks.
I can rig up a couple of flat rate boxes to put the socks in.

Can I suggest allowing a re-pick if you get your own socks?

1 Like