3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

The Music Video for Jack White’s Lazaretto

But if that’s all the further you go on that, you are missing out.

We all know Jack White, right?
Eclectic collector of Rock-n-Roll arcanery (among other oddball pastimes). I knew he was into vinyl, but that’s largely where my collection of trivia vis-a-vis Mr. White’s involvement in the medium’s resurgence (cemented into popular culture by the full-on embrace of Eddie Vedder and his Perl Jam bandmates back in the 1990’s) ended. I know vinyl releases happen. I know they enjoy some modicum of popularity. I did NOT know that Mr. White had delved into a full-on assault, though, by literally cutting live tracks to acetate in his Third Man Records studio. That in itself…I’d probably pay to see…And reading a little about it here on Atlantic.com (probably paywalled, sorry…) led me down this trail.
It turns out, not only is Jack White a dedicated vinyl promoter with a direct-to-acetate lathe in his studios, but he’s also working up new tricks just for the fun of it. AND he’s not alone.
In this video, he and an employee chat about (all?) the cool chicanery they’re up to with the latest release (well, it was back in 2014 when I missed it!).
The Lazaretto ULTRA LP - YouTube
From “hidden tracks” under the labels to backwards masking and at least 3 “never been done before” (that we know of) like a single LP that plays at 33⅓, 45, AND 78RPM, it’s in there!
And that’s just getting started!
Not included in that video (it’s mentioned, but not shown) is the 3D holographic projections! So here’s another record by the same (hologram) artist (Tristan Duke) where they DO show this:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2 LP Hologram Vinyl (Teaser) - YouTube
(Star Wars Bonus!)
He does this work BY HAND on the masters!
Yowzers!

3 Likes

My feed was being “different” tonight…

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

A long version…

2 Likes

Killing Joke - I Am The Virus

3 Likes

The Beatles - I am the Walrus