Automotive Training Requirement needed

Is there anyone that can administer the training needed to allow me access to the automotive equipment? I’m available at your convenience

I should be available one evening this week on either Wednesday or Friday. if not I can squeeze it in sometime during or after the metal shop cleanup on Saturday.

Since it is not a scheduled class it is first come first serve if someone is on the lift before us. There is a fee for the class of $20 paid to the automotive committee (there is a PayPal QR code in the automotive area, or you can pay cash and put it in an envelope in the finance drop box.

This past Saturday I attended the Automotive Meeting and Mr. Chuck got me trained up and certified for the lift. Thanks though.

2 Likes

There’s no training required for using the automotive area in general. Someone please correct me if this has changed.

I had assumed they meant the lift.

Technically, the automotive committee never voted away the 101 requirement. However per previous meetings we stopped enforcing it since it didn’t really make sense in the form it was being done with. When the new online class system gets put together the plan was to revisit it and do a self-study of just “here’s where everything is, make sure you clean up, etc”

I’m still needing mine. I can be available Friday or Saturday.

Let’s try for saturday afternoon

sounds good

Sounds good, What time is your metal shop cleanup? I can stop by an hour after that? Or later/earlier if you think necessary.

The meeting starts at noon and usually runs 30min to an hour. After that we’re usually cleaning for at least a few hours and I’ll train people on whatever I can in the room. It’s usually pretty touch and go.

I’ll PM you my mobile number.

Hi, I didn’t want to start a new thread but I just joined and need my fob/the training for the lift. Can anyone help me out sometime this week? Need to change my calipers.

Thanks much