Automotive Robotic tow lift?

I am the only one that finds this interesting? I like robot wars so… the idea of a robotic fork lift.

https://www.equipter.com/products/tow-a-lift

It is interesting yes. Practical ?

It just remote control. Stanley “Dirt monkey” did a video with them a couple months ago.

I’ve seen the truly robotic movers on jobs. They are deliberately slow and beep/flashing lights. If you walk in front of the equipment it will stop. The one’s I’ve seen will go building to building.

Some of these will be eventually auto loading into the machine.

1 Like

This should be an “adjustable feature” - the equipment should have a camera and a moment to determine if the idiot is a harmless yute chasing a ball then yes stop…but if it an older yute, adult etc on their electronic device not paying attention to their surroundings - then it should continue forward, perhaps adjusting the aim for a more direct hit.

1 Like

Darwin mode…

2 Likes

I like it as it reduces the possiblity of one more person that might get hurt. Also removing the fork lift operator from the fork lift may reduce PPE. Do these robots offset the cost via quicker and safer deliveries or boss less likely to use the equipment in fear it will cost more and get damaged more easily? Does it run on gas diesel and or propane? Also i could see art using this maybe for robot wars. like that’s for taking tools from electronics… clearly it was marked…

an interesting article that incorporates some views on both Remote Controlled and Autonomous (“robotic”) forklifting.

Here’s a video about a “drone” style (remote controlled)

Here’s one you can have today (for the right price, and if you have a truck to mount it up)

pretty darned neat piece of kit, in my opinion.
Not sure if there’s a “need” for a tow-behind, but certain an interesting down-market move for the idea. I’ve always wanted one of the “donkey”-style like goes behind a flat bed. But I don’t have a flat bed, so, this could scratch that itch. Maybe. :smiley:

I want to know your thoughts jast on the omni wheel.

1 Like

M5/M7 (Jaime Hyneman) Mythbusters had the Omni Directional Forklift

2 Likes

In general, the omniwheel is nearly infinitely cool, really heavy, and quite fragile. But it’s come a long way in the few years it’s been around.

1 Like