Automotive Committee Election?

Who needs to put up a committee election for Automotive?

It needs to be scheduled on the calendar at least 13 days 12 hours in advance. It also must be announced on the forums.

@Team_Automotive

@TLAR? @worldcloud? ā€¦ can you do this?

Iā€™ve posted a meeting for this on the calendar for Wed May 29th at 2000 to meet the bylaw requirements.

Thanks

Freddy

4 Likes

Thanks Freddy!

Good luck to the next chairperson !

3 Likes

Thanks for all you have done Tom, Iā€™ll throw my hat into the ring. Think a DMS Drag program at the 1/8th mile in Sanger could open many doors for the Space!!!

Run for Motorsports then. Would be fun

2 Likes

As most people in Automotive knowā€¦ I also have thrown my hat into this race. I have served as vice-chair for the past year. I have taught 75+ classes at the space, and I have put significant time and discussion towards the plans for Automotive expansion. I have also generated more revenue for Automotive than any other member (teaching). I regularly get others Automotive advise and assistance, and will continue to do so- no matter the results of the election.

I also Iā€™m no stranger to the mop inside the Automotive area. Although I have no issue with a DMS Drag car, I agree that ā€˜racingā€™ is the stated focus of Motorsports. My goal as the next Automotive Chair is to focus on better organization of tools, more classes, and a well-thought out plan to utilize our new space. I have already begun working to involve additional teachers, coaches, and a tool manager.

Currently, I have been working with the Expansion Team and the Fire Safety Engineer to get the information they need to get the new space ā€˜approvedā€™ by the city. We have until June 1, to present a plan, thus I have ā€˜mocked upā€™ the new space, taken photos, made sketches, and have plans which I am happy to discuss. If I am elected, these plans are ready to be presented before the June 1 deadline. I we do not get this information to the team, the Automotive expansion will likely be delayed.

I am also at the space and the Automotive several nights a week and Iā€™ve attended (almost) every Automotive committee meeting for the past two years. Although we do not have ā€˜prerequisitesā€™ for this position; I feel that the relationships I have with many of our ā€˜more-activeā€™ Automotive members make me qualified to take over for Tom. I feel that if you have not attended an Automotive committee meeting and/or have not taught a single Automotive class, it may be difficult to ā€˜come up to speedā€™ (rbox80?).

I have Tomā€™s support, as well as many of the current and past Board members, and most of the ā€˜regularsā€™ in Automotive. I have asked Tom to serve as my vice-chair as he is a wealth of Automotive knowledge and I feel that it is important to have consistency with our members and our suppliers. I do not wish to ā€˜start overā€™ as a new chair, but to take up the mantle and embrace our successes as we address our challenges.

I would invite anyone interested in the success of the Automotive committee to come and participate in the chair election. I would also like to ask for your votes. If you have any questions about my plans, my policies, and/or goals for Automotive, please do not hesitate to ask- either via Talk, email, and /or in person.

I think that there are a number of successful projects that get completed on a weekly basis, but I also see a number of ways we can better support of members.

Thanksā€¦

Joe

4 Likes