Auto Lift Training - $50

Lift class is being scheduled for Sat., 2/27, at 10AM. Do we need a weeknight class too?

2 Likes

If you catch me at the space anytime I am there I am almost always willing to train you and check you out on the lift. My photo is on my profile so you know what I look like. I will be there tonight working on my car so come on out if you wanna get trained. I will probably be out around 10 or 11pm. I was planning to do a class but I haven’t had time due to my work schedule. I will still teach anytime I am there.

There is a lesson plan available, and a short test. Would you mind using these in your class, just to keep it consistent? I will be at the space tonight, so we can print them out.

Also, keep track of who takes the class and let me know their email addresses. I am keeping a list for the Board, and I want them to get priority access to the RFID reader on the ramp door.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes I have already been using it and just adding the stuff I want to teach in addition. I have only taught one so far. Ill let you know emails when I am done tonight.

I’ll look forward to the 2/27 class!

ke5bud, i’ll try to find you sometime too!

I’m looking forward to it as well!

class is up on the CAL and i’m signed up,

do you even lift bro?
-Well yes i do, @dms!

When will there be another training session on the lift?

This is the exact reason I’m on talk right now. I have a fair number of projects that would be made significantly easier with lift access, and I don’t see a class scheduled through September. Are there plans for one? Is it now an ad hoc thing?

I’ll be at the Space tomorrow afternoon and I’ll “train” ANYONE that would like to learn how to use the lift…

You pay the $50 to automotive / brandon green dept etc etc etc

Just ask for the old fat guy that works on the Unimog

3 Likes

I’m all over this. What’s a good time for you? @Brandon_Green, what’s a good link for direct paypal to Automotive?

Is there a time that is good for you? I’m definitely interested if you want to set a time so you don’t need to do it individually if anyone else is.

Late afternoon is good - I’ll be helping out folks on three vehicles so I’ll around.

How does 1600 or 1700 grab you?

Sounds good.

Good that you narrowed it down a bit there, Tom. :wink: :wink:

ducks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking time to cert me on the lift tonight @TLAR, I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Yes, thanks for all the help last night @TLAR!

An evening at the dms is always a good evening !
I had a good time splitting it between front and rear brakes and wheel bearings with Stan and his RV,(next will be A/C repair and replacing all the tie rods and ends) to helping out with the lift lessons and showingg Marshall how to check the wear on his Toyota & inspecting the related suspension components for any other possible wear.(none were expected)
Stan was kind enough to bring up “realoem.com” (in the conf room big tv) so that I could show Patrick some exploded diagrams of his particular bmw for upcoming repairs & maintenance.

1 Like

Oh man, I missed this. I thought the system was going to email me updates and I haven’t been logging in to check. When are you planning on being out there again TLAR?