Auto Lift Training - $50

Yes, thanks for all the help last night @TLAR!

An evening at the dms is always a good evening !
I had a good time splitting it between front and rear brakes and wheel bearings with Stan and his RV,(next will be A/C repair and replacing all the tie rods and ends) to helping out with the lift lessons and showingg Marshall how to check the wear on his Toyota & inspecting the related suspension components for any other possible wear.(none were expected)
Stan was kind enough to bring up “realoem.com” (in the conf room big tv) so that I could show Patrick some exploded diagrams of his particular bmw for upcoming repairs & maintenance.

1 Like

Oh man, I missed this. I thought the system was going to email me updates and I haven’t been logging in to check. When are you planning on being out there again TLAR?

Which evening this week is good for you?

Thursdays night would be great, but I can do any night this week. I assume it wouldn’t take long. I have used other lifts, but I am not familiar with this model, or the odd attachments on the arms that we have at Makerspace.

Any night around 7pm should be fine this week. Automotive has their race car build nights on Thurs so that works too.
If you’ve use a two post lift in the past this is one is similar - this just has “almost idiot proof” Treadways on the arms.
The lift functions just like any single or two post lift though-a little common sense and you’ll be good to go.

Cool. I will be there on Thursday (7/7) at or before 7P. I will ask for UNIMOG Tom, if I don’t find you some other way. Thanks!
Chris Hand

See you then
Just ask for the old fat guy that works on the unimog

Can I also join in this training?

Regards
Clive

Yes, of course!
no problem

1 Like

Hi new member,
I would like to get certified for the lift.
Also is the Thursday race car build still going on?

I would like to assist with anything as I have been working on cars for many years and still willing to learn. I used to drag race, auto-x and dirt track. Domestic or imports don’t care just like to play.

Will be posting in this thread when we have the parts to work on the 240 more, will likely be replacing the rod bearings with the engine in the car this week or next.

OK cool, when is a good time to do the lift certification?

I will be up there Sun after 4p or through out the week.

i’ll be up there after the VW show and swap so it will be after 4 closer to 5 sunday and can show you how to use the lift.

I’ll be working with the owners of a white buick and a white high roof ford van

Great, I’ll see you then, thank you.

I’ve been needing to get the training for a few months now so any chance you’ll be at the space tonight or this week?

My plan is Thursday after 7pm

Cool! I’ll swing by around that time after work.

I have a guild meeting thurs evening and have to reschedule - how does weds or fri or sat(after 4 sat) sound?

16:00 Saturday works. See you then.