Assortment of coax wire available

I have a bunch of assorted spools of mostly coax cable that was cleaned out of the broadcast engineering shop of one of the offices we closed down a few years ago. I wanted to offer it up to @Team_Amateur_Radio or @Team_Electronics first before letting people grab what is left. I have probably a dozen different spools and partial rolls. Some of it is very small stuff and some of it was connected to satellite dishes and radio antennas on the roof of the building.

We are still sorting out the warehouse and I will be adding to the pile throughout the day.

Our office is about 1-1/2 miles south of DMS on the other side of Valley View between Senlac and Hutton.

2 Likes

Is it all 50 Ohm coax? 50 Ohm coax is the stuff most widely used for amateur radio.

I know there is 50 ohm coax in the pile. There is also some 75 and other spec coax.

It was the assorted spools and remainder pieces that I saved from the broadcast engineering cage in the basement and engineering workshop when I cleared out one of our old broadcast facilities. It has been sitting in my warehouse for the last 6 years and it is time to purge some stuff.

Since I have no dishes or antennas at this location I have no need for it. And it is too good to just throw away without giving someone a chance that might have a use for it.

Also would probably depend on the classification. I think we’ve got a fair amount of some of the lower end RG coax already at the makerspace, but if there are any high LMRs or similar I would be interested.

If you have the time to write out a quick list of what classes/lengths I think the AR SIG would be interested in at least some of it… If not, I’m happy to stop by your location at some point and make a note / report here of what all there is.

(And I would personally at least be interested in some of the coax :P)

I have googled coax wire (to see what it looks like).
IF its black or another bright color, and if it is at least a little bendable, and if there is any available please let me know.

I can’t use white, beige, or grey, colored wire or cable.

I have a sculpture installation that needs material like this.

IF there is more material that you are clearing out that is Black, or a bright color, light weight metal, plastic, vinyl, rubber, please let me know.

Just sent you a DM. I’m interested.